Gone for a week or two, or keeping it local. Either way, we have the gear your kids need to stay dry, cool and bug-free so they can wander, splash and paddle away their time in nature.
1. Osprey Jet 12: Just right for first-time hikers who are big enough to carry their own gear.
2. The North face Zipline Rain Jacket: Ready to keep her dry during all-day adventures in rainy weather, this breathable, waterproof rain jacket is finished with a comfortable mesh lining.
3. Patagonia Trucker Hat: Roadworthy and trustworthy, the Kids’ Trucker Hat is made of organic cotton and polyester mesh with an adjustable fit.
4. BUFFJunior Original Multifunctional Headwear: Re-engineered with a 4-Way, seamless, ultra-stretch fabric construction that features UPF 50 protection, and 100% recycled REPREVE® Performance Microfiber. Fits kids ages 6 to 11.
5. Life is Good Vintage Crusher Tee: Why should grownups have all the fun? The Tee has the same playfulness and laid-back style as the adult classic.
6. Patagonia Capilene Silkweight Hoody: For long days in the sun, this lightweight pullover hoody is comfortable and made of cool-wearing Capilene Silkweight fabric with 50+ UPF sun protection and Polygiene permanent odor control.
7. The North Face Aphrodite Shorts: Inspire her to climb higher peaks and boulder harder routes in these UPF 50 shorts.
8. Columbia Redmond Waterproof Shoe: Designed with adventures in mind, these waterproof shoes with a cushy midsole and grippy outsole make playtime more epic.
9. Smartwool Light Crew Hiker Socks: Made with anti-stink, super soft Merino and a flat toe seem to keep tootsies comfy, these socks are perfect for any adventure.
10. Hydro Flask 10 oz Wide Mouth: Perfect for morning hikes or evenings by the campfire, the 18 oz Wide Mouth bottle keeps ice water ice cold for up to 24 hours.
11. Repel: Plant-based, DEET-free, repels mosquitoes for up to 6 hours.
12. Bug Box: For backyard exploration or fun with friends at camp.
13 Kiss my Face spf30: Practice safe sun with kids defense mineral that uses mineral-only actives.
14. Birkenstock Arizona: The classic sandal has been given a new and modern twist for adventurous kids.
15. Outside Inside Gifts: Easy to store and easy to carry, this downsized portable, backpack bocce set travels with them to wherever they might like to play.
1. Croakies: The original neoprene sunglass strap that holds active kid’s glasses in place.
2. Outdoor Research Helios Hat: Designed for kids who love to hike and paddle as much as their parents, this sun hat offers UPF 50+ protection. The foam-stiffened brim will float in the event of an unplanned swim.
3. Princeton Tec Bot: Small, simple, and ready for action.
4. Patagonia Long-sleeved Rashguard: This rashguard provides 50+ UPF sun protection and is made of Capilene silkweight fabric and permanent odor control.
5. Patagonia Torrentshell Jacket: Made of 100% recycled nylon with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, Torrentshell Jacket is a waterproof/breathable hard shell that’s fully taped to handle seriously wet weather.
6. Cotapaxi Batac 16L Backpack: These one-of-a-kind designs are built with lightweight, repurposed materials are perfect for fast-and-light exploration.
7. Yeti 18 oz Bottle: A necessary addition to day hikes, kayak trips, and daily back-and-forths. This tough bottle is double-wall vacuum insulated to keep water cold (or other beverages hot) until the last sip.
8. Olukai Ohana: The unstoppable, comfortable, and durable sandal for kids on the go that is water-resistant and made with a smooth drop-in footbed for the perfect anatomical fit.
9. The North Face Tri-Blend Tee: A super comfortable tee crafted of soft, breathable tri-blend cotton.
10. Patagonia Baggies: Baggies shorts are made of a wind-and water-resistant 100% recycled nylon for quick-drying comfort, built-in mesh liner and mesh pockets for drainage and closed side slit to minimize sand collection.
11. The North Face Spur Trail Pants: Keep his legs covered while he blazes trails in durable UPF 50 pants that have an adjustable, elasticized waistband.
12. Badger Sunscreen Bug Repellent: A great all-in-one solution, SPF 34 anti-bug sunscreen fights sun damage while repelling insects and bugs. Water and sweat resistant for 40 minutes, this DEET-free formula is reef friendly and biodegradable.
13. Campsuds: The original, biodegradable, multi-purpose cleaner created specifically to meet the needs of the camper, backpacker and adventure traveler.
14. Keen Newport H2: This supportive sandal can take anything a kid can dish out. An adjustable hook-and-loop strap lets kids put them on themselves, and quick-drying webbing is perfect in and out of the water.
15. Outside Inside Gifts: A great addition to anyone’s backcountry-game collection, this checkers set utilizes magnetic game pieces that keep everything attached to the board.